Sunday 23 March 2008

Sindy, the climate criminal


I have been doing some admin for the Alliance Against Urban 4x4s today -( http://www.stopurban4x4s.org.uk/), typing up some minutes from a meeting last week. We have some very exciting times ahead at the Alliance, and will be going in some different directions soon. Yes, that's right, we're going to do a complete u-turn and each buy Range Rover Vogues. Actually, we're not.

In a sister campaign we will be looking at the bigger picture - CO2 emissions, advertising, and a project called '4x4s anonymous' which will give 4x4 drivers a forum where they can talk to each other about their 'issues'. It will be done with our signature humour - firmly tongue-in-cheek!

And I am very excitied about making a film of Sindy (circa 1988) and her pink Range Rover. I loved playing with it as a child - perhaps I am a secret fan of 4x4s after all?! Sindy used to go off-road regularly - down the stairs, as I recall. There were many near-fatal roll-overs. What can I say...I'm an only child. I was bored.

No comments:

Post a Comment