Wednesday 15 July 2009

Kitchen Cupboard Drama




This picture of devastation was taken yesterday at 1-8 Hutton Court, Victoria Road, Stroud Green. What you can see in front of me is the remains of an old council-fitted kitchen. I say this with some authority because it looks just like my old council-fitted kitchen which we replaced ourselves last year!

This is the second time I’ve come across masses of dumped builders’ waste outside a Homes for Haringey block in Stroud Green this year – I reported on this back in February. Whether the Decent Homes programme is to blame on this occasion or not is as yet unclear, but whatever is the case, it is completely unacceptable.

I’ve reported this to the council and will check up at the weekend to see whether it has been removed or, as so often is the case, yet more crud has accumulated…

No comments:

Post a Comment